Accountant in South Africa (Pretoria, Centurion)
Applications Closing Date:
|19 June 2021|
About the position
Overview of the role:
To apply you will need a proven experience as a medical technologist coupled with;
- Knowledge of Pastel modules.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical accounting skills.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
What will give your application an advantage:
- Stock control experience, Degree in Accounting
- Recommend, develop, implement and / or maintain standards for functional roles.
- Analyze, prepare and process journal entries; analyze, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Provide records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Prepare profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain company accounting records and reconciliations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for internal and inter-departmental use.
- Prepare reports and analyze for use in the annual external audit.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Check that appropriate approvals are obtained for accounting purposes.
- Provide recommendations to improve existing processes and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
- May prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- May maintain receipts and disbursement reports.
- May interpret reports and records for managers.
- Vendor/Supplier management/liaison;
- Vendor/supplier account management (monthly invoice processing, statement reviews, and managing of any finance related queries)
- Filing (hard copy & on Cytespace internal document storage site) of all vendor contracts
- Updating/maintaining vendor list / contact sheet with most relevant information
- Purchase Order (PO) processing;
- Issuing of purchase order numbers upon management approval
- Providing final PO to requestor
- Collection of invoices to match with PO order and to confirm receipt of stock vs payment to be made to supplier
- Once all stock received PO can be closed
- Maintain filing system of PO’s issued on Cytespace internal document storage site.
- Stock Taking;
- At the beginning of each month finance emails the new stock list to Lab Ops and Kit Building (new stock received the previous month added onto list)
- Stock is counted the first week of the month using stock list available/provided.
- Finance to process journal in pastel to update/correct the values
- This stock list is also used for usage and emailed to Finance every Monday.
- Finance to process journal in pastel to correct values
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3 years’ experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Accounting Degree is not a necessity, but will be to you advantage.
Benefits of working for Cytespace Africa Laboratories
Other than working with a great team, we are the only clinical research laboratory that is CAP (College of American Pathologists) accredited in South Africa. Working with us will broaden your horizons in the clinical trial research industry. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career aspirations.
Following your application, short listed candidates will be contacted by Cytespace Human Resources to book a time with you for your interview to take place, if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your applications.