Laboratory Project Coordinator in South Africa (Pretoria, Centurion)
|Laboratory Project Coordinator|
Applications Closing Date:
|15 December 2021|
About the position
Overview of the role:
Provide support to the Project Manager and related team members by performing routine procedures and tasks associated with the day to day running of projects throughout the entire study lifecycle (e.g., setup, start-up, maintenance and close-out). Ensure work is conducted in line with standard operating procedures, policies and good practices. Assist with designing, loading, and validation of Lab databases using Clinical Trials Management System(s); ensure work is conducted in line with standard operating procedures, policies and good practice Accountability and ownership for the quality of database configuration.
- Study Setup and Planning: Support the Project Manager by attending meetings, preparing minutes and action logs, preparing protocol-specific laboratory instructions documents. Under supervision of the Project Manager oversee setup of protocol specific Laboratory Centralized Monitoring requirements
- Study Activity Monitoring and Closeout: Perform routine tasks across assigned studies including site loading, Investigator Portal access, kit shipments, monitoring day-to-day study performance, overseeing Laboratory Centralized Monitoring. Work with internal and external teams to manage timely resolution of queries and protocol questions, issues and escalations.
- Use status reports, monitoring tools and outputs to pro-actively identify trends and provide feedback to internal and external teams on performance of Investigator sites and company services. Support the Project Manager with administrative study tasks.
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant stakeholders, including leading Customer communications and activities during any times when the Project Manager is absent. Oversee Project Close-out
- Meetings, Initiatives and Training Activities: May represent company at internal and external meetings, participate in external and internal audits/inspections. As required will support study training with sites, CRAs and customers
- Ensure outputs are delivered in line with organizational standards, protocol specific requirements and Customer expectations.
- Assist with study validation activities.
- Research problems, gather information, and liaise with lab colleagues to help ensure projects are set-up in line with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Configure project database, where applicable
- Maintain accurate project documentation files.
- Keep Setup Managers, Project Managers and other relevant staff informed of any issues that may affect the smooth running of the project.
- Participate in local and global improvement projects as defined by the relevant process improvement management team. Participate in internal audits, as required.
- Work performed is in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Benefits of working for Cytespace Africa Laboratories
Other than working with a great team, we are the only clinical research laboratory that is CAP (College of American Pathologists) accredited in South Africa. Working with us will broaden your horizons as a medical technologist and you will gain experience in the field of clinical trial research. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career aspirations.
Following your application, short listed candidates will be contacted by Cytespace Human Resources to book a time with you for your interview to take place, if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
The information transmitted hereby is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, use, disclose, copy or disseminate the information. Although our communications are believed to be free of any virus or defect which might affect computer or IT systems into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage arising from receipt or use or disclosure hereof. Cytespacelabs, its subsidiaries and associates do not accept liability for any personal views expressed in this message.